Sunday, June 20, 2010

soccer...

Everyone around me talk about soccer only these days. Whenever two people meet, they talk only about soccer, soccer and soccer only.
It seems like they breathe soccer. I am not able to develop an interest in these things too.

I used to watch cricket and tennis when I was a child. I remember I started watching soccer as a small child. When I could only understand a goal as a winning sign. Then later when I started to read, I could enjoy tennis and cricket as well. During the course of time, I wanted and enjoyed playing Chess for some time. Don't know when I lost the interest in all these. Nowadays I don't watch any sports or games. I want to play tennis. But I don't know why I am not taking the initiative to start that too, nevertheless there is a beautiful tennis court in our new building.

what are my favourite things?

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings,
these are a few of my favourite things
.

Yes. These are definitely, except whiskers on kittens. I don't like kittens much,but I like puppies.


Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes,
snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
silver white winters that melt into springs,
these are a few of my favourite things.

I miss snowy winter. It is not snowing here. :(

When the dog bites, when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favourite things,
and then I don't feel so bad.


hmmm...no I don't do that. I don't remember my favourite things when I am sad and that's not making me happy.
This is the sign that I am getting old....

I wanted to draw and paint. But I don't do that. I do listening to music at least. But that's not enough in this horrible winter. Watching TV would definitely be boring, if you are going to do only that. Luckily I am not doing that either. I like to write blogs. But these days I don't have the patience to write in Malayalam. I am a bit homesick. I miss my good friends too.

When you are away from your roots, when you are away from your loved ones, you should be really bold enough to survive the boredom I think. Today when I write these things I am really sad about a week-end I wasted. From Monday onwards, I long for a weekend. But when it becomes Friday, I am lazy and sit idle doing nothing. And at the end of Sunday, I realise how smartly I have wasted two days and feel sad. This is really bad. I have to do something to prevent this. I am planning to do things , but which are simply not happening for some reason. I think my plans are very abstract. You have to go into further details. Then only it will happen.

Anyway, again a new week. Have a good week to everyone. :)

1 comment:

deepdowne said...

You sound like me. Despite being a male, I've played football only a couple of times in all my life. I'm totally out of any sports. And when world cup starts, I can't find a single person around who doesn't want to talk about soccer!

Post a Comment